Inspired by the beauty of the world we live in, we are travellers and dreamers, just like many of our readers. In addition to travelling, we also take delight in blogging and communicating through storytelling.
Although the mere thought of sharing your story on the internet can be daunting, it’s an amazing experience itself and either you wanna write about your fondest travel memories or open up about a compelling tale of triumph, the process can be both healing and liberating at the same time.
We love waking up in the morning and thinking about a specific blog post we want to craft. We generally begin by making a cup of organic green tea and then start writing. Sometimes it’s a painless process; motivated and inspired by the latest article or book we’ve just finished reading the words flow unstrained, and other times blogging is challenging, and we experience a creative slowdown.
Ever since we’ve started travelling and blogging, we began to compile ideas for different travel blog posts. I have always wanted to transfer them from my travel journals (yes, I’m an old school traveller who still carries around multiple notebooks and pens wherever I go) to a digital form to have them all in one place. Given curfew conditions and additional free time, I’m accepting the challenge to willingly comb through my scribblings.
50 fantastic travel blog post ideas for when you are stuck at home
When it comes to blogging and looking for new ideas, there’s no shame in using a little help. If you are looking for creative ideas to garnish shares and fill your content calendar than keep on reading.
Below we put together a list of 50 travel blog ideas for when you are stuck at home. From how-to guides, and the ultimate packing lists to personal experiences and product reviews, these blog posts are such fun and easy way to provide valuable content for your readers.
If you are you looking for creative and fun blog posts to create, look no further, we got you covered.
Blog posts on travel planning
Learning how to plan a trip from beginning to end isn’t an easy task. It’s both exciting and overwhelming at the same time, and that’s why blog posts on this subject are some of the most sought out. From where to stay to what to see, do, and where to eat, there’s so much you can write about to keep your readers coming back for more.
- Step by step guide how to plan a trip – organizing a trip and working on the itinerary can be a challenging task. Where to start? What’ step one? Write a useful step by step guide and help someone to plan their dream trip.
- How to choose a destination – picking just one destination when there are endless amounts of sights to see, and places to visit can be a daunting task. Write a blog post about how to narrow down choices.
- Best travel recourses – everyone uses different methods for planning a trip. Some use travel bloggers, some take notes from Trip Advisor and travel brochures. Share your take on the subject.
- Researching costs – how much money you would need for a trip makes for fantastic blog posts. Write about home much money one would need for visiting Paris, New York or Adelaide for 10 days.
- Best travel gears – from luggage tags to compression socks there are many products designed to make travel much easier. Make a list of the best and newest travel gear everyone should bring along for a hassle-free trip.
Blog posts about packing & beauty
Knowing what to pack and how to organize all your travel essentials in one suitcase is an important and inevitable task before every trip. If you are a very experienced traveller, it’s always a good idea to write about packing and beauty must-haves to assist other travellers.
- How to pack with just carry-on suitcase – share the advantages of taking hand luggage on the trip and how to master packing light for an upcoming vacation.
- What to pack for a certain destination – things to pack for an Alaskan road trip and beach holiday in Florida will vary significantly. Pick one topic you know well (tropical vacation or mountain climbing adventure) and write a thorough list plus include a downloadable packing list.
- Beauty must-haves for travelling – share a list of beauty essentials that everyone should bring along to keep the skin, hair and face looking and feeling refreshed. Coconut oil and foot scrubs?
- Ultimate travel packing list – craft a detailed travel packing list with a free printable checklist and include toiletries, photography gear, outfit ideas, medication and travel documents.
Blog posts about road trips
- Tips for surviving a road trip – have you ever been on a road trip that’s 12+ hours away? Write a post about what to pack, include entertainment ideas, playlists, games and safety tips.
- Best road trip ideas – make a list of the best road trips and how to plan them. From the Garden Route in South Africa to the Great Ocean Road in Australia, you’ll never run out of ideas to write about.
- Road trip quotes – words are powerful and inspirational. Sum up the best quotes about road trips for additional wanderlust. Throw in some good quality photos, and you are good to go.
- Tips for van life trip – renting a campervan and hitting the road still is one of the sought out adventures. Share useful tips that can make or break a rod trip. Talk about cooking gear, how to find camping spots and about safety on the road.
Blog posts about amazing travel experiences
Travel experiences are way better than any material possessions. From taking architectural tours and finding hidden waterfalls to stargazing and being amazed by the Northern Lights, there are so many things you can write about. Go through your travel archives and see if you can dig up pictures from some amazing travel experiences you are eager to share.
- Ultimate travel experience – have you been on an unforgettable journey and had a chance to see mountain gorillas in Uganda or had an opportunity to meet moai on Easter Island? Write your heart out and share your story!
- Around the world trip – a few travel experiences come close to taking time off to go on a trip around the world. If you are one of the lucky ones, then offer other travellers insights on what it is really like and how to plan one.
- Studying abroad – have you ever had a chance to study abroad and want to share the benefits of your experience with the rest of the world? Why not write an honest post about coming to terms with new foods, new fashion and a new culture?
- Volunteering – share your thoughts on what it’s really like to volunteer abroad and how it changed you as a person.
Blog posts about medical & health
It doesn’t matter where you are travelling to; when it comes to your health, you need to be prepared. Always check your destination before you leave, you might need to bring medication or get vaccines.
- Tips for eating healthy while on the road – many people struggle to eat healthy while travelling. So why not share simple yet effective strategies to eat healthily and to maintain balance?
- What to pack for a healthy trip – write a post about what’s needed for a healthy journey and what essentials to pack. Over the counter medicines, insect repellant, first aid kit, sunscreen.
- Vaccinations – In some parts of the world vaccines are essential and if you have a first-hand experience than write about it. Write a blog post about where to find information and how much does it cost.
- How to stay safe on the road – being aware of your physical safety is very important. Write about following local customs and laws, limited alcohol intake, preventing bug bites and always wearing a seatbelt.
- Health insurance – write a post about one of the talked about topics that can make or break your journey – health insurance. Have you ever been sick while travelling and had insurance to cover your medical expenses?
Blog posts about finances & money
Travel isn’t an expensive hobby, but blog posts on how to save money before and during the trip are always hot topics to write about. Enlightened your readers who are willing to transform their lifestyle and make a few everyday changes so they can travel the world.
- How to save money when travelling – makes for a fantastic blog post where you can share tips and tricks about how your readers can save money while abroad. Walking everywhere? Using public transport? Cooking your own meals?
- Best budget destinations – from cheapest travel destinations in Europe to places to visit in Southeast Asia, everyone loves a bargain trip. Write about the best budget destinations and what to do there for free.
- How to save money for travelling – share some realistic tips or step by step guide on how to save money for a dream trip and how to stay motivated. Limit alcohol intake? Cancel TV subscriptions?
- Tips for booking a cheap flight – are you an expert when it comes to booking affordable flights? Teach your readers how to to find great deals, the best times to book and secret tips for finding out about airline sales.
Creative blog post ideas
- Coffee shop experience – whether you are at your local coffee shop or visiting one on your travels, you can easily create a full blog post about ordering one cup of coffee and writing about it. Capture snaps of their menu, the view from outside and yourself holding a cuppa.
- Travel gifts – put together favourite gifts for the traveller in your life that can be used at Christmas, Birthdays and special occasions. Travel scarfs with hidden pockets? Portable power bank?
- Your funniest travel moments – sometimes travel doesn’t go the way we plan it and with the bumps in the road comes fantastic travel stories. Don’t be shy and share your hilarious travel memories.
- Souvenirs worth buying – it’s always tempting to want to bring back memories home with you. Why not write a post about the best souvenirs worth buying from around the world or you can talk about what not to buy when you travel.
Personal blog posts
From sharing your fondest memories to opening up about your fears can be healing and liberating at the same time. There’s nothing more inspiring than pouring your heart out and connecting with readers from all over the world.
- What you learned from travelling – travelling provides many valuable lessons. Finding value in getting lost? Learning to talk to the people in a foreign language? Share your most unforgettable conclusions with your readers.
- Your blog goals — why not write about your blog goals and where you want to be in a few years time. A well-written post about your future blog goals can also help you to achieve them. Are you looking to attract more audience? Take better photos?
- Moving to another country – many brave souls move to another country for job, love or a fresh start. If you made one of the biggest transitions in life, write about it. You can create a step-by-step checklist or write about things you wish you knew before moving abroad.
Blog posts about photography
Travel and photography go hand in hand. Photographers and artists often see the world in shades that others don’t. If you are passionate about capturing the surrounding landscape, then share your best tips with your readers and help them master the art of photography.
- Tips for improving photos – learning how to capture people, culture, feelings and landscapes is a task that many are trying to master. Share your tips and inspire others. Stay out late and wake up early? Pre-trip location scouting?
- Ethics in photography – talk about photo theft, plagiarism and photo manipulation. Write about respecting different cultures, social norms and being aware of people while taking photos of them.
- How to become a travel photographer – do you know what it takes to become a professional travel photographer? Are you willing to share your tips and advice? From heaving a great eye to getting up at stupid o’clock and carrying heavy equipment, this particular profession is one of the hardest ones.
- Best camera gear – photography is half art and half science, and you need a variety of accessories to master the craft. Write about tripods, lenses, neutral density filters and best camera bags.
Blog posts about travel inspiration
Travel inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes. From travel magazines to movies, quotes and books, you can create many inspiring articles or share first-hand knowledge of beautiful places worth visiting.
- What inspires you to travel – everyone travels for a different reason. Why not reveal yours and who knows which person you might inspire to explore the world.
- Best travel quotes – one of the classic travel posts is about the best travel quotes because everyone loves them. They inspire us, teach us and makes us leave our comfort zones.
- Favourite travel books – nothing fuels wanderlust and inspires like a well-written travel book, be it fiction or based on true facts. Before suggesting them to your readers, make sure you actually read them yourself.
- Ultimate bucket list – there are many fantastic things we can do in each country we visit, so why not make a collection of goals, aspirations and dreams worth fulfilling while we are exploring Planet Eart? Riding a Hot Air balloon? Hugging a redwood?
Blog posts about blogging
Blogging has become one of the newest hobbies and pastimes on the internet. There are people who do it for fun, some blog for money and others do it to grow their business. Either way, blog posts on how to blog and write posts are some of the most popular and searched topics.
- How to start a travel blog – have you been blogging for a while and know all the trade secrets on how to start a successful travel blog and are willing to help others? Creating a blog from scratch can be challenging for someone who is only starting out.
- Blogging tips for beginners – there’s no right or wrong way to approach blogging. However, if you want to be successful and gain an audience, there are a few tips to keep in mind. If you are an expert blogger, share your advice.
- How to write blog posts – a step by step guide on how to write awesome blog posts. Write about choosing a topic, creating an outline, checking facts and editing blog posts.
Blog posts about family travel
Travelling as a family is one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences. Things go wrong, you are exhausted, but you still love it. It’s completely different to solo travel or travelling as a couple. If you’ve been on a wild adventure with your kids, got lost and had heaps of fun along the way, share it with other parents.
- Travelling internationally with kids – share your tips for travelling trough time zones and different cultures. Talk about preparation, child airfare, jet lag, travel strollers and long layovers.
- Tips for travelling with kids – share the best tips for an amazing and stress-free family trip. You can write about safety and security. Travel entertainment and flight times.
- Family packing list – getting organized for a family trip and trying to pack hiking gear, clothing and toiletries aren’t for the faint-hearted. Make the ultimate family packing list and also include necessary travel gadgets and entertainment.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …
Now, over to you!
Have you ever been struggling with new blog post ideas for your blog?
Let us know in the comments!